Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Proposed Tools to reconstruct a photographed 2D object

corydalis
One can import an image into LibreCAD. This is a great starting point for constructing a photographed object, because you can digitize points in the image and use them for a subsequent design.

With that in mind, I'm looking for some tools in LibreCAD:

1. Is there anything in LibreCAD to draw a regression line through a given set of points? (I.e. start and end and slope of the straight line is calculated. Their length should be taken through the outermost points from the data set projected onto the regression line).

2. Is there anything in LibreCAD to draw a best fit circle through a given set of points? (i.e. center and radius of the circle are calculated).

3. Is there anything in LibreCAD to draw a circle of given radius at the end of a line or circle or ellipse segment or spline curve that passes through a given point not located on that entity (i.e. that LibreCAD calculates the angle required for this itself)?

If they don't exist yet: my second and third wish could be fulfilled by entering a question mark in the Tool Options for the entity in question (for 2: circle center point for 3: angle), thus initiating the determination in question.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Proposed Tools to reconstruct a photographed 2D object

dxli
1 and 2 are both fitting problems.
I remember we have a linear regression plugin for v2
It's straightforward forward to add fitting for circles and ellipses;
To fit with restrictions from entities would take longer to develop
I guess if you just want data processing, plugins make more sense