classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Read AutoCAD's DWG file format

桃花潭水
Hello LibreCAD developers:
  I compiled LibreCAD according to the official documentation and can build it with QT, but I found that it seems to be not so friendly to AutoCAD DWG files. Even DXF files drawn in AutoCAD, I opened them with LibreCAD, and the text in the files was gone. What plugins can I use to improve these features?
                                                                                                                                         ——Xiao Ke

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Read AutoCAD's DWG file format

dxli
Dwg support is minimum. Dxf support is only up to dxf 2007.

桃花潭水 wrote
Hello LibreCAD developers:
  I compiled LibreCAD according to the official documentation and can build it with QT, but I found that it seems to be not so friendly to AutoCAD DWG files. Even DXF files drawn in AutoCAD, I opened them with LibreCAD, and the text in the files was gone. What plugins can I use to improve these features?
                                                                                                                                         ——Xiao Ke
Reply | Threaded
|

桃花潭水
Can I use LibreDWG, the open source DWG file library, to complete LibreCAD's DWG format
Reply | Threaded
|

dxli
I think it's possible, if you want join the development.

桃花潭水 wrote
Can I use LibreDWG, the open source DWG file library, to complete LibreCAD's DWG format
Reply | Threaded
|

LordOfBikes
Administrator
Sadly it is still not possible for LibreCAD 2.*!
It was extensively discussed back in 2012 iirc that the LibreDWG license is not compatible with GPLv2, to which LibreCAD is still bound because of its QCAD roots.
investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution