Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Rounding corners

bjenkins3891
How do I round a corner of two lines at a point to create a radius. I am using version 2.1.3 on Windows. I had seen a YouTube video that showed using a "Rounding" tool under the "Modify" menu, but I don't see it on my version.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Rounding corners

LordOfBikes
Administrator
Welcome!

The tool was renamed a while ago, thus look for the Fillet tool in the Modify menu.
Please note the radius field appearing somewhere on the top tool bars, when you select this tool.
There you enter the corner radius.

Armin
investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution
Reply | Threaded
|

bjenkins3891
Thanks Armin!  I had noticed the Fillet tool and did try it out but was using it incorrectly. But, I am all set now. Do you happen to know if it is possible to add a thread onto a part? And, if so, how? Super beginner user here, obviously.
Reply | Threaded
|

LordOfBikes
Administrator
You're welcome!

There is no special tool to draw a thread. You have to do it manually, using Offset, Parallel Line, Arc, Bevel or whatever is needed to draw and trim a standardized thread.

Armin
investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution