Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Saved project dissapeared

ngundu
My project which I saved religiously suddenly reverted back to a very early draft. I have lost 2 days work and desperately need help to try and get it back.

I'm running windows and Libracad 2.1.3

Thanks Steve
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Saved project dissapeared

dellus
Search for same name files with # at the front or .dxf~ ending, these are back up files. In the latter case remove the ~.  
Reply | Threaded
|

ngundu
I tried that earlier on and those files were also just old drafts.
I just don't understand how this happened.
Reply | Threaded
|

ngundu
I started recreating the file and after saving it I closed Libracad. After several hours I opened the file again and it was not as I saved it. Again it was an earlier draft as was the ~ back up file.
Reply | Threaded
|

flywire
Your workflow needs testing, I'm sure you agree this doesn't seem logical.

The timeframe shouldn't have anything to do with it. You describe the file not actually being saved, or saved to another location. Start a new drawing, save it and check the timestamp on the file before closing LibreCad. Try saving it to another location, maybe a usb drive.

The ~ file is a backup so it has to be an earlier version.
Reply | Threaded
|

ngundu
In reply to this post by ngundu
I have changed my saving routine. I now save the file then copy it to the cloud.

Here is what I think happened;
I opened a new page and started work. For some reason I left that unsaved and opened a 2nd drawing which I saved regularly and eventually completed.
When I closed Libracad the dialogue box came up telling me to save the original unnamed draft, it was late, I was tired so I saved it giving it the same name as my main project. I must have saved twice which is why I lost the backup. GAME OVER and lesson learnt.

Anyway thanks for the help.