classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Scaling a sheet/page

wynnjones
This post was updated on .
Is it possible to setup a dwg/sheet/page for (say) an A4 x 50:1 scale as in Autocad? I'm only aware of scaling entities. What I would like is to prepare a dwg/sheet/page that every addition drawn on it is is automatically scaled to the specified scale.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Scaling a sheet/page

dellus
What is the purpose of this? Maybe there is a misunderstanding. Normal cad procedure is to draw everything in 1:1 true live size, and then set a scaling factor when printing.
In LibreCAD you can manipulate the reading of a dimension for the whole drawing with Options - Current Drawing Preferences - Dimensions - Length Factor. But the real size stays the same, and indicated when measured with the measuring tool or asked with Properties.
Or do you want to import parts from a library which are scaled down/ have wrong scale? You can set a factor then at the Tool Options Bar, the set value stays the same for the next operation, so you can import many parts consecutively without having to correct it every time.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Scaling a sheet/page

wynnjones
Thank you Dellus. In Autocad, the paper size and scale can be set before the dwg starts, and the dwg proceeds. Your comments have taught me that in Librecad, the entities are drawn full scale and the screen is then zoomed out to encompass the whole dwg, and the "General scale" applied to enlarge the text and to prepare for printing. I have found that two versions of the User Manual are difficult to follow, and appear to me to be very short on printing. Please forgive this greenhorn! Greetings from Down Under.