classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Selecting objects on the drawing board

pcorbeil
This post was updated on .
I noticed that if you select objects before entering a modify command, those selected objects are not taken into account by the command. I suggest that:

- Already selected objects should be taken into account when we enter a modify command.
     - If the command can apply to multiple objects, then we can continue selecting objects.
     - If the command can apply to only object and one object is already selected, then the command continues with the next parameter.
     - If the command can apply to only one object and many ojects are already selected, then those objects are deselected and the command asks to select one object.

- After the command is executed, all objects should be deselected automatically.

- Also: we can select multiple objects by lassoing when we are not within a command, but we must select objects one by one within a command. Frustrating ! I had about 100 lines I wanted to move to a new layer, I had to change them one by one.

Currently, as far as I know, selecting objects while we are not within a command has no use.
Pierre
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Selecting objects on the drawing board

dxli
yes, the command sequence and user experience are clearly from ancient time. We should try to make it as intuitive and fluid as possible.

pcorbeil wrote
I noticed that if you select objects before entering a modify command, those selected objects are not taken into account by the command. I suggest that:

- Already selected objects should be taken into account when we enter a modify command.
     - If the command can apply to multiple objects, then we can continue selecting objects.
     - If the command can apply to only object and one object is already selected, then the command continues with the next parameter.
     - If the command can apply to only one object and many ojects are already selected, then those objects are deselected and the command asks to select one object.

- After the command is executed, all objects should be deselected automatically.

- Also: we can select multiple objects by lassoing when we are not within a command, but we must select objects one by one within a command. Frustrating ! I had about 100 lines I wanted to move to a new layer, I had to change them one by one.

Currently, as far as I know, selecting objects while we are not within a command has no use.