Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Setting drawing Limits

Charles
Many years ago I used and grew fond of a program called 'Generic Cad' through all six of it's versions.  Then it got taken over by Autodesk.  Before the takeover I used AutoCad for a semester in a Introduction to Engineering course.  Actually,. I did some of the drawings in class, but I did most of the required drawings in Generic Cad at home. I have not done any cad work in a long time since. Also I migrated away from Windows around Ubuntu version 9. Now I am looking for another Cad program that I can settle into.  One thing I haven't figured out with LibreCad is how to set my drawing limits for any drawings I might make.  How is that done in this program?
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Setting drawing Limits

dellus
Drawing limits do not exist in LibreCAD.
What is it really good for? For screen display you can use View - Auto Zoom to zoom to the extents of the drawing.
For judging placement of the drawing within borders best draw a frame on an extra layer. As there is no real paperspace like in AutoCAD you will need that anyway for printing a plan with border lines etc.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Setting drawing Limits

Charles
Thanks for responding regarding my question. I spent a good part of my morning printing  out the User manual and guides.  That in itself will help.