classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Studs In A Wall

Neil2450
Hello All

Does anyone know how to place multiple studs in a wall at a certain distance on center.
say from the corner of the wall to the first stud would be 16 inches to center then the remainder would be 16 inches center to center.

Thanks
Neil

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Studs In A Wall

claus82
Sorry man, I searched in wordreference.com and I cannot find an appropriate translation for the word STUD in your contest...
Could you attach any image? for example, draw it with paint or draw it on a paper an scan it... If I understand maybe I can help
Bye!
...the problem is not the problem, the problem is your aptitude about the problem...
Reply | Threaded
|

Neil2450
Hi Claus82 here is a diagram of a wall section, i drew this in excel and scanned it. thanks for the help Neil Wall_Diagram.pdf
Reply | Threaded
|

claus82
This post was updated on .
I suggest to draw a rectangle, give dimensions to it (in your case you have to consider the centre of the 16, I did not understood very well), then use the command copy using the option "MULTIPLE COPY"

Well, I made a picture, follow its instructions
Immagine.jpg

Let me know how it works!!!
Bye!
...the problem is not the problem, the problem is your aptitude about the problem...
Reply | Threaded
|

Neil2450
Hello

I understand how you made them, that is a way i did not think of.

i have been playing around with it today and came up with this, i think it is a little more work but it gets the job done.

1. Draw first vertical line.
2. Use Parallels with distance to add a second line 1.5 inches away from first
3. Use Parallels with distance again to add line 15.25 inches away from out side corner then redimension for 16 inches and add as many lines as needed for the wall.
4. finally go back and use Parallels with distance to add another line to the right of the ones just created and now we have created lines that are a certain distance apart on center.

Hopefully i have not really confused everyone, i have attached a drawing showing what i did

Thanks So Much For The Help
Neil

Reply | Threaded
|

claus82
I'm happy that I've been helpful!!!
You're welcome my friend!!!

Cla