Title Block Importing & Scaling struggle

Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Title Block Importing & Scaling struggle

Mr.H
Hey there.

I have drawn out two floor plans for two separate apartments. I've used the same measurement units and measured out the dimensions in inches. Each drawing started at the origin.

Once I completed both floor plans, I made a basic title block, which is literally just a 11x17 block, with .5in and .25 in offsets for borders.

When I import the title block into each drawing/floor plan, I get two totally different scales when importing the exact same file.

Shown here.

I am not sure how I can get each floorplans title block to the same scale, so I can also print out furniture stencils at scale as well.

Also, when I printed a test copy, the lines were very very feint. Am I correct in saying I need to change the line thickness so I can get a solid line when printing?
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Title Block Importing & Scaling struggle

dellus
I can't tell why the imported title blocks come with different scale. Something must be different. Did you notice you can set a factor when inserting at the Tool Options bar? Maybe the reason is to be found there. If not you best provide sample files here. The Imgur link doesn't work for me.

Line thickness out of the box is "By Layer", and out of the box in Layer Attributes it's 0.00 mm. That is shown on screen one pixel wide, but printed it is nearly or totally unvisible.

 
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Title Block Importing & Scaling struggle

micheletrecaffe
In reply to this post by Mr.H
Hi.

I had the same problem and solved it as follows:

a. open settings

b. change document settings

c. check that a unit measure is specified for the *document*. My document did not have a unit ('inches', in my case) specified, although the program settings did have 'inches' checked.

d. close all popup windows, accepting changes as necessary.

This worked for me, hope it works for you.