6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Trim and crash?

Todd
Hi All,

I am a newbie.  2.0.0.rc1 for 64 bit Linux

Playing with this, I have noticed that I can create a rectangle, put a diagonal line through it, and then select "trim".  I can have a good old time, until I press the "arrow" (selection pointer) icon to stop the trim operation.  

Problem: LibreCAD vanishes from the screen (crashes) when I press the "arrow"

I am doing something wrong, or is this just 2.0.0.rc1?

Many thanks,
-T
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Trim and crash?

Ferdi
I found a way to crash 2.0.2.
I learned it was remidied in 2.0.4.
I am better off because Ubuntu understands .deb packages...

Reply | Threaded
|

dxli
you can easily build LibreCAD from source on ubuntu:

Build LibreCAD on Ubuntu
Reply | Threaded
|

Todd
To do that I would have to upgrade gcc to 4.9, which is no small task.  For those not familiar with Red Hat Enterprise Linux and its clones, it is deliberately out-of-date to maintain stability.  Great for a server, but a pain in the neck at times like these.

$ rpm -qa gcc
gcc-4.4.7-4.el6.x86_64

I am looking at two work arounds:

1) I have a Fedora Code 20 virtual machine.  I could run 2.0.4 in my main window through X11 from my virtual machine.

2) RHEL 7 is out.  I could hold my nose until Scientific Linux upgrades to 7.

IDEA: the Libre CAD developers could always avoid using bleeding edge compilers so the rest of us can use it.
Reply | Threaded
|

BigAl
I tried CentOS (The  OS version of RHEL) but gave up. There is simply too much work (and learning) to do to use it as a desk top, every day, OS. It runs fine on my email server, but that doesn't get used for anything else. I have found that LibreCad is a learning curve in its own right as so many, well, the majority, of commands are not intuitive. That is quite enough for this addled brain to struggle with, let alone getting more in to the complexities of CentOS

A double right click gets you out of most of the LC commands
Reply | Threaded
|

dxli
In reply to this post by Todd
To build from source,

LibreCAD-2 requires c++11, and practically, it requires gcc-4.8 or newer.

LibreCAD-3 (not ready for end users) requires c++11 and gcc-4.9 or newer.

If your system is older than gcc-4.8, LibreCAD-1 should build without an issue.

Todd wrote
To do that I would have to upgrade gcc to 4.9, which is no small task.  For those not familiar with Red Hat Enterprise Linux and its clones, it is deliberately out-of-date to maintain stability.  Great for a server, but a pain in the neck at times like these.

$ rpm -qa gcc
gcc-4.4.7-4.el6.x86_64

I am looking at two work arounds:

1) I have a Fedora Code 20 virtual machine.  I could run 2.0.4 in my main window through X11 from my virtual machine.

2) RHEL 7 is out.  I could hold my nose until Scientific Linux upgrades to 7.

IDEA: the Libre CAD developers could always avoid using bleeding edge compilers so the rest of us can use it.