Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Trying to get into CAD world

gustavopinent
Hi! I work with design for a long time, since CorelDRAW and FreeHand. Now I decided to expand my knowledge to make some simple CAD projects, but the way these softwares works is really different and odd to me. So I felt I must know at list the basics to complete my formation. LibreCAD seems a good place to start (is it?).

Now I am struggling to perform simple tasks. I'd search this forum for an answer of copy an object from a drawing and paste it to another drawing - it's a bathroom project, I just want do copy a toilet from a collection to my drawing... it does not work...

Anyway, I admire the courage of the people to make an app of this kind, so I am not complaining, I am sure exposing my difficulties will help the community. This issue is probably duplicated here, if you know where I get my answer, pleas let me know.

Nice to meet this community!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Trying to get into CAD world

aman
If you open your drawings in tabbed mode (Drawings => Tabbed mode) you can copy and paste between them.
Reply | Threaded
|

gustavopinent
Thank you, now I could paste it. The object was giant and far from the spot I pointed, little details to learn...
Reply | Threaded
|

aman
You are welcome!

For me, that does not sound very simple project. Maybe read some tutorial, and start with practice drawings where only a few objects. Just a suggestion.