classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Using Pootle offline

Christian
Hello there,
I am trying to see if I can work on the translation offline.
So far I managed to download Virtaal which, I understand, can handle the Pootle translation. My problem now is: how can I download the file I am working on?

I have a few more questions, if I need to put them in another topic, please let me know. Here they are:
- What is the meaning of the "fuzzy" tick caseĀ ?
- What are signs like:
   1. =1%
   2. &, most disturbing when within a word like this: "Ta&b mode"
- Context: it is sometimes necessary to have access to the string context to be able to translate, for instance: "Command line history and output", output in English can have many different meanings in other languages according to the context thus the importance to know more about it.
Su&b-Window mode is another delicat one.
- Repeated strings or words: some strings or words appear several times and unless one has a table of previous translations in view, the risk of a different translation exist.

Regards,

Christian
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Using Pootle offline

LordOfBikes
Administrator
Hello Christian,

offline translation is undesired as it is a big source for trouble and extra administration work. So please keep on using the server for your translation work.

Please have a look at the New user instructions thread.
On our Wiki page Using the LibreCAD Translation Server you will find answers about your Fuzzy and Context question.

The %1, in common %number phrases are replaced at runtime with numbers or variable text like file names. If it is required for local grammar it's possible to swap %number phrases, e.g. use %2 before %1.

The & sign is a control character for menu entries. In case of "Ta&b mode" you find "Tab mode" in the "Window" menu of the menu bar. The b character is the shortcut for the menu command using the Alt-Key.

If you have any further question, don't hesitate to reply here.

Thanks for your contribution.

Armin
investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Using Pootle offline

Christian
Thank you my Lord ofbikes,

I am getting more and more familiarised with it and, if need be, I know I can ask you more questions.

Christian