Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Viewing and Printing DWGs in Linux

BAJ716
Hello!  I'm a Linux user looking for a good solution for viewing and printing DWG files from Linux.  I have some AutoCAD and AutoCAD Electrical experience in my past, but I find myself in a position where I am primarily reviewing drawings and printing them.  I can do this with a VM, but grow weary of launching/closing a VM just to view a DWG quick and would really like a solution that works within Linux.  I had some limited success with QCAD a while back, but that seems to be broken now.

The "viewing" part of LibreCAD seems to work pretty well, the printing part not so much.  So far nothing but blank sheets coming out of my printer(s), although I can manipulate the Print Preview to look right on the selected paper size.

I'm currently running Mint v19.1 LTS, but plan to upgrade to the latest LTS in the near future.  Apt-get installed v2.1.2 from 2016 for my distro, but it appears there are newer builds out there so I'll have to dig in and figure out how to install/build those manually.

Any input is welcome, thanks!
-Brad
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Viewing and Printing DWGs in Linux

dellus
 nothing but blank sheets coming out of my printer(s)....

Check the linewidths, if 0.00mm they might be printed that way. Test if export to pdf has a different result. Stay in Print Preview mode while printing / exporting.