Yeah...You're all developing a kick-butt CADD...but it already does THIS!

Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Yeah...You're all developing a kick-butt CADD...but it already does THIS!

Tool Rental Terry
Can't get directly to the folks who "own" this effort, but allow me to say "it rocks!"  I am a retired Professional Civil Engineer, now shlepping away my time as a Tool Rental Associate at The Home Depot.  THD does a lot of community work, and one came up recently that grabbed me deep in the naughty bits.  Usually, they scrape and paint a Vet's home, or do landscaping...my arthritis says, "NO!"  Suddenly, in cooperation with the American Legion, Team Depot is to build six wheelchair obstacles for the VA hospital in Tampa.  Never heard of it, but tie my face to a pig, it's 35 years old!  The National Veterans Administration Wheelchair Games.

So I get drafted...They give me photos of six wheelchair obstacles used in the Nationals.  I see in my head what needs to be done to make them, but I have to translate that info to about 25 other folks...I need CADD.  Not just CADD...CADD I can use...along comes LibreCAD.  Without the effort you people are undertaking, this would not have happened:

http://www.legion.org/operationcomfortwarriors/228142/legion-helps-bring-wheelchair-course-tampa-va

Again...YOU ROCK!  I'll whine later about how you didn't think specifically of my needs and habits when you wrote the durn thing...PEACE!