classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

filling areas and exclude parts of it.

mhld
This post was updated on .
I redrew a part (make polyline from objects) of the drawing with artefacts. Worked well so far with only one artefact which dissappeard when I canceled and repeted the procedure.

But one thing didn't work (and I don't remeber how I did it years ago): There is a chimney within a wall which would/should be shown as an empty area within the filled area of the wall. I have this in my original drawing. How would you do this? I tried now with an additional layer but this does not work and in the original drawing I managed to do it within one layer. So here some questions:

A) How do you exclude an area within a bigger area of being filled? (chimney)

B) Is it possible to merge two (or more) polylines to one? It seems not possible to merge two polylines directly. (Currently there are no artefacts, but it seems they easily occur when polylines touch each other partly). (avoiding artefacts)
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: filling areas and exclude parts of it. (conclusion)

mhld
(Still, let me know how to exclude an area within an area if it is still possible)

Conclusion:

artefacts occur (easily or neccessarily?) when you have:

A) (small) areas within (bigger) areas

B) polylines which touch each other along parts of a line.

Both used to work in older versions of LC. The drawing did not got touched by other programms ( I have none. But it seems LC is somehow using KDE/QT libraries. Maybe it's the move to QT5.?.? which causes a regression in LC).

A) If you can't show the chimney in a wall in a horizontal section your drawing is simply wrong (appart from being ugly)

B) It is not handy to be forced to join parts of a section together you had separated before for a good reason.

If you (developpers) are interested in the drawing before and after I would provide them. Just let me know.

Thanks
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
As LC doesn't have an advanced hatching area scanning method you have to go a tedious workaround:
define the hatching area without a hole. Delete the annoying line segments after the hatching is created.

At the moment there are hardly developers working on LC, so there is no improvement to be expected in the next time.
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
Oops, I should have run the contour a different way.

But it worked the first way too.