classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

import several dxf tiles at the same time

odeonseb
Hello,
I need to gather several individual .dxf tiles (that are georeferenced) in one .dxf file.
I would like to know if there is a faster way than copy / paste to 0,0 coordonates for each .dxf tile into the .dxf file.
Does anyone get some hints?
Thanks.
Cheers
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: import several dxf tiles at the same time

Gary S
It might be possible to import them as blocks (File->Import->Block), however that depends on:
   1. Having common origins in all the files as the origin becomes the reference point for the inserted the drawing (similar to copy & paste).  It is possible to work around that if you can adjust your placement when inserting.
   2. All the layers of the inserted file will be added and that can create a problem (but, that might be a problem if you were to copy & paste too).  It would be better to move everything in the drawing-to-be-inserted to layer 0.  Each inserted drawing can be placed in its own layer in the consolidated drawing.
Reply | Threaded
|

odeonseb

Thanks Gary for the reply. I tried for 5 tiles and it worked fine.

I managed to copy and paster all layers to layer 0 but is there a quick way to delete several layers at the same time? Do I need to delete individually each layer?

Le 22/04/2021 à 23:35, Gary S [via LibreCAD] a écrit :
It might be possible to import them as blocks (File->Import->Block), however that depends on:
   1. Having common origins in all the files as the origin becomes the reference point for the inserted the drawing (similar to copy & paste).  It is possible to work around that if you can adjust your placement when inserting.
   2. All the layers of the inserted file will be added and that can create a problem (but, that might be a problem if you were to copy & paste too).  It would be better to move everything in the drawing-to-be-inserted to layer 0.  Each inserted drawing can be placed in its own layer in the consolidated drawing.

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
https://forum.librecad.org/import-several-dxf-tiles-at-the-same-time-tp5720601p5720605.html
To unsubscribe from import several dxf tiles at the same time, click here.
NAML
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary S
If you are using the LC 2.2.0 branch, yes.  Multiple layers can be selected by using [Ctrl]-[Left Click] to select non-contiguous layers or [Shift]-[Left Click] to select contiguous layers, and then click the layer delete button.  If you are using an older version, then no...

Another suggestion that may help you - Select all entities in a drawing with [Ctrl]-[A] and then use Tools->Modify->Attributes and change the Layer to "layer 0".  It is a little simpler than using C&P...
Reply | Threaded
|

odeonseb

Thanks for the hints. I tried with [Ctrl] but with my LC is 2.1.3. So it failed.

Modify entitites to layer 0 worked perfectly thanks :)

Le 23/04/2021 à 16:46, Gary S [via LibreCAD] a écrit :
If you are using the LC 2.2.0 branch, yes.  Multiple layers can be selected by using [Ctrl]-[Left Click] to select non-contiguous layers or [Shift]-[Left Click] to select contiguous layers, and then click the layer delete button.  If you are using an older version, then no...

Another suggestion that may help you - Select all entities in a drawing with [Ctrl]-[A] and then use Tools->Modify->Attributes and change the Layer to "layer 0".  It is a little simpler than using C&P...

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
https://forum.librecad.org/import-several-dxf-tiles-at-the-same-time-tp5720601p5720607.html
To unsubscribe from import several dxf tiles at the same time, click here.
NAML