Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

librecad v 2.0 in ubuntu 12 Hatching problem

johnnybgoode
When I want to hatch a closed area constructed with 2 point lines I always get the message "Invalid hatch area.Please check that the entities chosen form one or more closed contours" I checked with the zoom function all corners and they all seems to be closed.
Also the preview window shows nothing evenwith hatched circels.Someone can help me?
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: librecad v 2.0 in ubuntu 12 Hatching problem

LordOfBikes
Administrator
Hi,

I split your question, because there are quite a few issues in it.

1. "Invalid hatch area" means, that the selected entities doesn't surround an area, somewhere must be an openening. The opening may be very small, that it isn't recognized even with the zoom function.
Try the "snap to entpoints" function when drawing the area or enter the coordinates in the commandline.

2. The preview window seems to be corrupt. When the hatch dialog opens the first time, the preview is OK, but afterwards it doesn't show the patterns.
After restarting LibreCAD the preview again works one time.
I'll submit a bug report for this.

3. For circles, the hatch should work, except the preview (see 2.). If you create a hatch on a circle and see nothing in your drawing, please check the draft mode setting (Menu View->Draft). Draft mode is used to speed up drawing, hatches are ignored in this mode.

Armin
investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution