Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

love my LibreCad

kaiservan
 I just recently switched from Draftsight to LibreCad and I am loving it. I would have never expected a free draft program to be as comprehensive as is LibreCad.
It took some getting used to at first but I am into it now. I am not a professional drafts-person and most likely use only 10 percent of what is being offered. It’s enough for my purpose though. Unfortunately, I was unable to transfer my dwg files, but that forced me to study that much harder. While some things are even more user friendly in LibreCad, I miss the ability to transfer drawings from one file to another (no clipboard) also - unless I have not discovered it yet it is really difficult to discern the active widgets (i.e. snaps) from the dormant ones. My vision is not what it used to be so, higher contrast shading or coloring might be a good idea.

Thanks for all the bright minds that made this possible

AK
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: love my LibreCad

dellus
This post was updated on .
Cut, Copy and Paste

Don't forget to specify the reference point when cutting or copying, else nothing happens. Keep LC opened during the process, you can have several drawings opened at the same time, preferably using Drawings - Tab mode.
You first have to select the entities to be copied, in case this is not obvious.

Edit: or did you want to copy a drawing from within Draftsight into LibreCAD via the Windows clipboard? No, that's not possible.
If LibreCAD can't open the Draftsight DWG's (DWG import is to be considered experimental only), it's best to use an external tool to convert them to DXF, or open and resave them in Draftsight to DXF as long as it is still working.
The most recent version LibreCAD can read is dxf 2007.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: love my LibreCad

kaiservan
Thanks, dellus
I have given up on the dwg to dxf conversion. I can draw everything in LibreCad again (need the exercise anyway).   I have tried your copy and paste suggestion (thought I had done the same before..??!!).  It worked, although I have a little trouble with the reference point, but I will get a handle on that too eventually.  Solved my problem with the widgets too. Played around with the Widget settings and found by changing from Window to Windows XP suddenly the active widgets showed up in blue !
Love my LibreCad all over again…!!!
Thanks for the speedy reply,

AK