classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

newbie questions - properties for various objects

ag123
my apologies if this seemed like an faq, i've just installed librecad v2.1.3

i started trying to draw up a template for a laser cut work piece e.g. an acrylic sheet

as i tried to work with the objects like rectangles, initially i draw them using the mouse point and click at the begin and end points. As mouse drawing is normally imprecise, i tried to change the properties of the rectangle by doing a right click and selecting properties, however, no properties dialog is shown.

what i'm attempting to change is the coordinates of the nodes (vertexes), however, it seemed that only simple line properties would have a pop-up dialog

hence here are my questions
1) are properties for objects such as rectangles, circles currently unimplemented?
2) if the properties (e.g. nodes, vertex co-ordinates) are not accessible from the gui, is there a way to access the graphical vector objects as a list so that i can change the co-ordinates from there?

at the moment i'm resorting to using manual commands to 'draw' the vector objects such as rectangles and circles (holes)
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: newbie questions - properties for various objects

dellus
You can edit the geometric properties of some objects (single lines, circles, ellipses, arcs, maybe others) but not (yet) of rectangles in the properties dialog.

There is plugins - list entities, but you can't edit the values.
If you enable grid and snap to grid you can get at least round values for the rectangles.
But why not drawing them properly from the beginning?
Reply | Threaded
|

ag123
thanks for the reply, as i'm doing some drafts in librecad itself experimenting with various shapes etc it's a little hard to visualise the results while making final drawing with exact dimensions, no worries, i'd likely do some 'throw away' drafts and later draw them with a sequence of commands or even lua script etc
Reply | Threaded
|

ag123
found a way to edit the nodes of a rectangular object, first 'explode' the object so that the edges would convert to line segments, and 1'd be able to edit the line segments geometry / properties individually