Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

print large projects

Glenwf
I'm printing the drawing of my yard.  When I select "Print Preview", I get a grey page with a small white object in the middle of the drawing.  When I try to print I get a white page.  In the "Current Drawing Preferences", I have the size of the paper as "Custom", 50' x 70'.

Am I missing something?  I have the size of the drawing defined and am trying to put it in a PDF which I can then print on an Letter size paper.

I've tried this with various sized projects and all I get is a blank page.  I saw on a previous post that the Mac OSX system was not functional in this function of printing.  TRUE????

Thanks.  Gotta print, or drawing doesn't help me any.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: print large projects

dxli
do you have a testcase dxf for me try?
Reply | Threaded
|

Glenwf
In reply to this post by Glenwf
back_wall.dxf

If looking at my drawing would help, I tried to upload the file.  I hope i succeeded.

Thanks.
Reply | Threaded
|

dxli
In reply to this post by Glenwf
Paper size should be the actual physical size of the printing paper, not the model size.

For example, if you are printing to "US Letter" of 11"x8.5", select "US Letter" with 11"x8.5", even if your drawing is about 50'x70', which is probably not for office printers.

Please play with the print preview tool bar, also help to add your knowledge on LibreCAD to our wiki.librecad.org

Print Preview icons
Reply | Threaded
|

Glenwf
I started playing around with the large dimensions for paper size because Letter 8.5" x 11" gave me the same results I described earlier.  Drawing in Print Preview is with all the area gray with a small white box in the center.  Doesn't matter what I make the page size in "Current Drawing Preferences".  

Am I correct, the small white box in the center of "Print View" is what the program thinks is my print area???  Too bad it doesn't cross a line, or I could determine this.

I get a blank page on the printer and on PDFs.

I can't find the "Print Tool Bar" in this OSX version.  It isn't under the "View - Toolbars" menu, but I assume the information is the same as  in "Current Drawing Preferences".

I've looked at the downloaded manual, and the on line manual ( http://wiki.librecad.org/index.php/LibreCAD_users_Manual#Introduction_to_LibreCAD ).  I can't find anything about printing.  If there is something, please point me to it.

I'm beginning to wonder if there is a bug communicating with the OSX and I won't be able to print or make PDFs.

Hope you can set me on the right path, or I'm at a dead end.  

Thanks for trying to help.
Reply | Threaded
|

Glenwf
Finally got it to print with a possible setting in the Print Preview toolbar.

Thanks.