classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

problem layng odds under linux

gurine
Hi,

I am a newcomer to CAD program but I usually figure out my way of new software. I am also a linux user.

I have to draw a plan of the walls of my house with odds laid out. I have checked a very instructive video about that here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzANqsVaWhU

I cannot reproduce it under linux: when I have clicked the second point, I cannot draw the odd line to put it away. Instead, it gets sticked to the actual line it is measuring, which is quite useless. I have no problem doing on on windows though, exactly as on the video. Windows using librecad 2.1. Linux using either v2.0 or v2.2 (compiled it from late June source). Linux was many linuxes: linux mint 17.3 and 18, debian 8.5, and with either i3 window manager, mate, lxde or cinamon desktop. All flavors were 64bit AMD64.

Maybe I should report a bug?

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: problem layng odds under linux

dellus
Have you checked this simply has to do with the snap settings? Maybe in windows and linux there are different default settings. So play with snap, enable free snap, exclusive snap (new versions only) or deactivate all snaps manually during positioning the dimension line.
Reply | Threaded
|

gurine
Yes, this was exactly that! Many thanks!!! I selected "snap/free snap" and it performed like in windows! I'm gonna post hat as a youtube comment to help anybody like me in the future.

Relieved,
Reply | Threaded
|

gurine
Just a closely related problem: how can you modify the place of the dimension line once it has been set? I cannot do it so far.
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
You can't ( not yet) shift just the position of the dimension line, you only can move the whole dimensioning including the extension lines and the invisible reference points as an object like any other. Generally it's better to redraw the dimension.
Reply | Threaded
|

LordOfBikes
Administrator
When you select the dimension, you will see a couple of grip points. The green one is the first reference point and the blue ones are for the second reference, the distance from the reference line and the text position.
Push the left mouse button on one of the grippers and keep it pushed. Then move the mouse and release the button. Now you can move this gripper to a new position and can see the dimension following dynamically the mouse movement. Click at the new position to finish the action.
You can use snapping while moving the gripper for exact positioning.

This works for other entities too.

Armin
investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
Oh...sorry for the misinformation. Now I have learnt something myself.