Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

qt3 Support

ManDay
Hello, I'm eager to try LibreCad but so far qt3 support requirement puts me off (not that it was an absolutle no-go but I'd prefer without it). Do you have a schedule for when it will be removed?

PS: A little issue I noticed: qmake'ing librecad relies on GIT, and not only GIT but a non-shallow GIT repository. I find this nonsense. Whatever you reason you might have for that (it has been suggested the version number would be generated from the underlying repo), I suggest to change it and possibily include the V# manually. SCM and compiling are "orthogonal" and should not rely onto eachother, that just messes things up.

kind regards,

--
MD
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: qt3 Support

R. van Twisk
Administrator

On Jul 27, 2011, at 2:04 AM, ManDay [via LibreCAD] wrote:

Hello, I'm eager to try LibreCad but so far qt3 support requirement puts me off (not that it was an absolutle no-go but I'd prefer without it). Do you have a schedule for when it will be removed?

MD,

there has been a lot of effort already to remove the Q3Support libraries and Rallaz 
has already spend a lot of his time removing loads of places around this and
doing a great job there.

I am not sure what put's you off around qt3 support, it's just a library, nothing more and nothing less.
it doesn't sit in the way, and it doesn't affect other programs... qt3 support was just added
by the trolls to make porting easer (which we are doing...porting...)

PS: A little issue I noticed: qmake'ing librecad relies on GIT, and not only GIT but a non-shallow GIT repository. I find this nonsense. Whatever you reason you might have for that (it has been suggested the version number would be generated from the underlying repo), I suggest to change it and possibily include the V# manually. SCM and compiling are "orthogonal" and should not rely onto eachother, that just messes things up.

We welcome any patches that can improve the situation.I would still like to see the git version in the programs whenever somebody compiles from git though...
The reason is because there are lot's of user now that are using master (through a ubuntu ppa for example) and if they have issues I need to know what git version they are using.
So, it's not complete nonsense to have this compiled in the program. Adding/changing the commit version for each commit we do will put to much strain on mainting this project.
We commit frequently, sometimes a couple of times a day...

Ries

kind regards,

--
MD

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://librecad.1049103.n5.nabble.com/qt3-Support-tp4637761p4637761.html
To start a new topic under LibreCAD, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from LibreCAD, click here.