Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

rectangles and trim, relative zero, and Middle Points

drmacro
lot's of topics, but I've put them together because I think I'm using daily build and I'm not sure if they may be alpha issues...

- When I create a rectangle its sides can't be used as a limiting entities for a trim. Works fine if I explode the rectangle first. But seems to me it should just use the side I click on as the limiting entity. (Also, explode seems to cause crashes, especially if the file has not been saved yet.)

- I don't seem to be able to get divide to do more than one point (i.e. divide the line into 2 sections). Divide will cut a line at a selected point on the line. But I can't seem to get to divide the line in more than two sections or at a given number of even divisions. (Could be operator not understanding here, not sure.)

- Is it possible to use the coordinates as the point to select? For example, the RZ is some place, now I want to move an existing point (say the corner of a rectangle) to the coordinates of the RZ.

Version: 2.2.0-alpha
Compiler: GNU GCC 5.4.0
Compiled on: May 31 2017
Qt Version: 5.5.1
Boost Version: 1.58.0
System: Ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: rectangles and trim, relative zero, and Middle Points

dellus
Concerning trim with rectangles and divide, the shortcomings exist as you described.
Moving to RZ: If you have locked RZ position you can specify the target point in the command line by "@0,0".
But you can't move a corner out of a rectangle to a different place. "Stretch" comes nearest to that.