white UI in Windows and Dark UI in Linux, why?

Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

white UI in Windows and Dark UI in Linux, why?

TarraT
My windows install is white with a black drawing area and my linux mint install looks way nicer with a dark UI and black drawing area.

How do I make the windows install look like the Linux install?

Linux MInt Look

Windows 10 Look
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: white UI in Windows and Dark UI in Linux, why?

TarraT
Based on the response to this I am guessing the Windows version just looks different than the Linux Version? I really prefer the Linux look, so any help on this would be appreciated, or confirmation that Windows is just different would be good too. Thank you in Advance
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
This post was updated on .
I don't know how you can get the dark look in Windows, maybe it is not possible.
The Linux version is not dark per se. When I install LibreCAD in my PuppyLinux from the package manager or use the Linux Appimage there it has the same look as in Windows.
I believe it has to do with the properties of the OS, using it's own settings for the apps, or how the maintainers there have set up their LibreCAD package. But I'm no expert for this. Maybe someone else can give you a better answer.
By the way, for the Windows look I always use a light gray drawing area instead of black, easy to change. Looks much smoother, no strong contrast.

Reply | Threaded
|

perepujal
I suspect stylesheets, but I don't know anything about them.
https://librecad.readthedocs.io/en/latest/ref/customize.html#style-sheets-1