Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

z-order

Mike
I'm new to LibreCAD and I can't find out if there is a way of specifying the z-ordering of objects, i.e. which lines are drawn above others.

I have read the QCAD manual and it seems there is an option to "send to back" or "bring to front". Is there a way of doing this in LibreCAD?

Mike.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: z-order

dxli
Hi Mike,

this is an accepted feature request.

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3492292&group_id=342582&atid=1433847

Before this is implemented, the work around might be by layer order, as all layers are ordered by names.

dxli

Mike wrote
I'm new to LibreCAD and I can't find out if there is a way of specifying the z-ordering of objects, i.e. which lines are drawn above others.

I have read the QCAD manual and it seems there is an option to "send to back" or "bring to front". Is there a way of doing this in LibreCAD?

Mike.
Reply | Threaded
|

Mike
Thanks for the quick response.

For me the drawing order seemed to be related to the order the lines were added to the drawing rather than which layer they were in.

I have a workaround now - if I cut a whole layer and immediately paste it back in again, all the lines in that layer are then drawn on top. I do that for each layer starting with the layer I want on the bottom and ending with the layer I want on top.

Mike.
Reply | Threaded
|

dxli
yes, the current implementation of entity container is by a QList, which is an ordered container.

The feature needed is to implement the GUI to allow user access to the internal order.

Mike wrote
Thanks for the quick response.

For me the drawing order seemed to be related to the order the lines were added to the drawing rather than which layer they were in.

I have a workaround now - if I cut a whole layer and immediately paste it back in again, all the lines in that layer are then drawn on top. I do that for each layer starting with the layer I want on the bottom and ending with the layer I want on top.

Mike.