Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

2.2.0 rc: space bar deactivates free snap

dellus
In 2.2.0 rc when hitting the space bar to activate the command line input, free snap gets switched off. Is this a bug or a feature? However, it's a nuisance. Hasn't been so in 2.1.3.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: 2.2.0 rc: space bar deactivates free snap

LordOfBikes
Administrator
This seems to be indeed a feature.
There is the commit when it was added: https://github.com/LibreCAD/LibreCAD/commit/f9adf866417031f6432c0dfaae4f0c8ef211d8f9
And the discussion about it: See https://github.com/LibreCAD/LibreCAD/issues/745

I've never used AutoCAD, where it seems to be similar, nor was I aware of this function. Don't know if this is useful or irritating as it is now.

Armin
investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
Thanks for the answer. I'm not convinced of the usefulness of this function. I almost always have Free Snap on, and usually don't have any problems with accidentally free snapping to an undefined point, you can see whether you snap to an actual point by the cursor behaviour. Maybe if you are working very quickly...In the end it's more a pain for me to always have to reactivate freesnap. And the issue as I have experienced it doesn't have to to with dimensions, it happened when just drawing a line (testing that negative prefix bug). In the end of the discussion on #745 it says: "r_a_v_a_s removed this from the 2.2.0 milestone". Maybe a leftover from an unclean removal?
But I can live with it. Just can't use the spacebar to activate command line input, have to click into it.

dellus

Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
Edit: Maybe just the automated function with dimensions has been removed.
Reply | Threaded
|

LordOfBikes
Administrator
The '2.2.0 milestone' is only a label assigned to this issue on github.
After he has implemented it, he removed the label again, that's all.

A better way to implement such features is to make them optional, switched off by default.
We can consider to implement this if it is annoying.

Armin
investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution