64 bit ubuntu 22.04 how to insert a selection from library browser to the active drawing space

Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

64 bit ubuntu 22.04 how to insert a selection from library browser to the active drawing space

fudmier01
I clicked insert from a selection in the library browser.  They appeared in the block list. This i did as follows I selected layer 1, then i selected from the library browser the image [block] shown in the default library , i clicked the insert bar, it transferred the selected library item(s) from the library browser section to the  block list. these selected items are clearly visible in  the block list.  but i am stumped as to how to get the item now shown in the block list to the active editing screen..

for example I want to transfer a sink from the default browser library  to a particular layer in my drawing..  I am missing something?  thanks.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: 64 bit ubuntu 22.04 how to insert a selection from library browser to the active drawing space

dxli
If it shows up in the block list, it's in the current document.

Check visibility of the layer, block, also test in print preview.

If more help is still needed, please upload a minimum dxf file with the block dxf.

fudmier01 wrote
I clicked insert from a selection in the library browser.  They appeared in the block list. This i did as follows I selected layer 1, then i selected from the library browser the image [block] shown in the default library , i clicked the insert bar, it transferred the selected library item(s) from the library browser section to the  block list. these selected items are clearly visible in  the block list.  but i am stumped as to how to get the item now shown in the block list to the active editing screen..

for example I want to transfer a sink from the default browser library  to a particular layer in my drawing..  I am missing something?  thanks.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: 64 bit ubuntu 22.04 how to insert a selection from library browser to the active drawing space

dellus
In reply to this post by fudmier01
An insert from the library takes with it the layer(s) it has/was drawn on in it's original file, and the entities reside there, regardless of the active layer when inserted. But on the active layer there is a kind of link to the entities on the inserted layers, so if you switch off the insertion layer the entities are not shown as well as if the original imported layers are switched off, confusing.
If I remember correctly, entities drawn on Layer 0 in the original library file are inserted on the active layer only, so it depends on the way the library file was made, but it is late for me now and I already have had two beers....