Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

ARCHITECTURAL FONTS

Pliny
I am doing some architectural drawings of a house I intend to build.  I also happen to be an artist of little note.   I love the beauty of the architectural font styles used on hand draw plans.   I know I use "architect" and "faux architect" and "architects daughter" in Photoshop and like them.   Why are no architectural fonts in LibreCAD?  The many near perfect block letters work fine of course, but boring................
jim
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: ARCHITECTURAL FONTS

dellus
Because somebody has to make them. Unfortunately LibreCAD doesn't support ttf-fonts.
There is a tool to convert ttf's to Librecad fonts. From a thread with forum member jep1955: "Concerning fonts, in the main LibreCAD program folder there is a ttf2lff.exe. With this you can turn a windows ttf font to a LC lff font. But it only makes an outline. If you take a quite "sticky" font it might look acceptable. I have tried it out prior to writing this and got an error "freetype6.dll not found", but I remember to have had it working some time ago. You may play with this."
Jep1955 has done it: http://forum.librecad.org/FW-Dimension-styles-tp5715663.html
He wanted a nice architectural font, too.