2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

AppImage won't launch

Bezier
Hi.
I'm on Debian 12 with MATE.
LibreCAD installed from the official package in the repo is 2.2.0-alpha (as per LibreCAD "about") or 2.2.0-1 (as per the package manager)...
Trying to resolve an issue that I have, I figured it might have been "fixed" in a later version. So I went to the LibreCAD webpage, then the Linux download page and download the file for release 2.2.0.2. I'm used to all kind of archives, package formats but not AppImages. So I had to figure what they were, how to open them etc.
I decide to give AppImageLauncher a try. I downloaded it (from GitHub), installed it (with dpkg)... All went well (meaning no complaint).
But when I tried to "open" (double click) on LibreCAD'a AppImage, it wouldn't open. Neither as a one-time run or as system integrated. I then downloaded 2.2.0, it being "stable". Same thing.
After a bit of search, I readthe info at https://itsfoss.com/cant-run-appimage-ubuntu/. As suggested, I downloaded the balenaetcher AppImage file (presumably other AppImage files would have helped the same) and double clicked on it and... it opened as should be.
So the AppImageLauncher works (for certain AppImages) but not for LibreCAD's.
Attempting to open it directly from an xterm failed with the following:
   Failed to connect to bus: no media found
   execv error: No such file or directory
Anybody else has had this problem ? Any tips, suggestions ? Any troubleshooting test I can perform ? Any supplemental info needed that I could provide ?
TIA
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: AppImage won't launch - modification

Bezier
Sorry, my bad.

Reported error came from trying to run the AppImage in a privileged account.
As normal user, the error I get is :

Squashfs image uses (null) compression, this version supports only xz, zlib.
ERROR: appimage_is_terminal_app : sqfs_open_image error: LibreCAD-2.2.0-x86_64.AppImage
AppImageLauncher error: appimage_is_terminal_app() failed (returned -1)
execv error: No such file or directory

Any clue ?