Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Yet another printing problem

tim.d.childs
HI all, I'm not new to cad but by no means an expert.  I've got a drawing that was imported from AutoCad several years ago and I update it about once a year.  When I do print preview, the scale defaults to 1:1640.76 and my whole drawing is a small blob along the top edge.  If I change the scale to something like 1:400 and slide the print area into place it's better and I can export something usable to PDF, but it seems like there's probably some settings I'm not aware of that could make this act more reasonably.  Any suggestions appreciated.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Yet another printing problem

LordOfBikes
Administrator
Welcome!

Just a guess: When you Auto Zoom the drawing, you get similar behavior.
That means, that you have at least one small entity on the bottom of the zoomed drawing.
When you use "Select all" you might find it better.

Also, providing LibreCAD version information can help too. There might have been changes which can cause this.

Armin
investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution
Reply | Threaded
|

tim.d.childs
Thank you!  That was it.  Sorry about forgetting the version, I should know better.
Reply | Threaded
|

LordOfBikes
Administrator
No problem, I'm glad that I could help.
In this case the version was not important.
investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution
Reply | Threaded
|

tim.d.childs
Kind of a continuation of the previous problem - now I understand how to get Print Preview to give me what I want but when I export to PDF some lines on my drawing are very faint or do not appear at all.  I've checked that the correct paper size is set in Current Drawing Preferences and made sure each layer's width is a non zero value, line type is continuous, and Construction Layer is not checked.

If I print, the lines are visible but faint.

What else is there that would keep lines from appearing?  Version is 2.1.3 under Linux Mint 20.3.

Thanks much.
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
It might be the line width of the faint lines is not determined as "By Layer", but individually. Check this with Tools - Modify - Properties.