Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Appearance and Commands

Jim Clayton
Hello. I’m new to using LibraCAD and new to this forum so apologies in advance if my post is in the wrong location. I have two main questions. I’m a longtime AutoCAD user and trying to make the transition a bit more smooth. 1) Is it possible to change the existing commands/shortcuts so that they more closely resemble the commands im familiar with and if so how do I go about doing this? 2) Is it possible to make adjustments to the colors (that neon green) or ideally alter some of the icons? I don’t have a programming background but I have messed around with a lot of code and VBA and related things that I should never have been messing with so if someone could point me in the right direction I might be able to fumble thru it. I greatly appreciate the help. Tks.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Appearance and Commands

aman
Welcome! Dev-section is more to development disucssuion, better choice would be LibbeCAD-user.

But to your questions, LibreCAD is not a free version of AutoCAD(r), but is very decent 2d-cad that stands on its' own . So I think better option would be starting with tutorials and docs, links are at the top of the main page.

Green icons have been disucssed before. I like them, it's about taste. For now get used or think some other option, LibreCAD is open-source, and as most of them there just are not enough contributors. So icon colors are not at the top of the todo-list.  
Reply | Threaded
|

Jim Clayton
Understand and understood. It was more about trying to make the transition into a new software a little smoother without having to fight years of muscle memory. But ultimately I’m cheap…so if I have to suck it up and make the adjustment I will. I appreciate the help.
Reply | Threaded
|

fa201
Command alias can be changed : I advise to make a backup of original file before changing.
https://librecad.readthedocs.io/en/latest/guides/cmdline.html#command-aliases
Fabrice

French hobbyist interested in 2D design.
Reply | Threaded
|

aman
In reply to this post by Jim Clayton
Yes, but I think it is like to shooting your own foot in the long run.

To OP, you don't have to master new cad in a day, try first simple things, and I really recommend those tutorials.

Of course it is your own choice.