classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Attributes Not Managed Correctly?

GeoffatMM
Ho again,

I am on a roll so here is my third issue for today.

I have trouble with the Attributes tool. Sometimes it works fine other times it does not.  For example when recently trying to overcome pdf file generation issues I moved an entire drawing into a new Print Layer that I had generated.  Although I left the line type, colour and width as unchanged, the movement overwrote the colour and width information (but not the line type).

Also, I often dimension items without selected my (red) dimensions layer.  When I move them to the correct layer using the Attribute tool, the dimension data and arrow heads correctly take up the default layer colour (red) but the lines do not and retain the colour of the layer they came from.

Weirdly, if I delete the moved dimension data the undo the deletion, it comes back with the correct colour that reflects the dimension layer (red).

Am I missing something of is it a glitch?

Geoff
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Attributes Not Managed Correctly?

dellus
I cannot follow everything you wrote, but are you aware of that many dimension elements do not follow the layer attributes automatically but may have their own independent settings in Drawing Preferences - Dimensions?