4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Automatic Snap to the Tangent Point of a Circle

sunggus
Hi,

Hope this question will not annoy you.

I work with many circles and lines. In this work, I many times have to find where is the tangent point of a circle from a point outside the circle (as the inserted image), which it must be perpendicular to the center of the circle. Of course I can do it by manual calculation, and normally I did it with my spread sheet. But that way quite wasting time as there are many tangent point and also many changes.

What I expect, need one Snap Tangent tool, just line another snap's, especially the Snap Entity or Snap Middle.

Or, did I miss something? Is any way to do that other than manually do the calculation? If any, kindly help me.

Automatic Tangent Point of a Circle

Best regard,
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Automatic Snap to the Tangent Point of a Circle

dellus
I'm not sure if I Have understood your question right.
There is no Snap Tangent, and it wouldn't make much sense. Snap Intersection would be the right choice. But unfortunately there is a bug that the tangent point is not calculated 100% properly during drawing, and so no intersection will be found. As a workaround, in your case with the tangent line ending at the circle, you can use Snap Endpoint.
Or do you want to know how to draw a tangent line from a point at all?
Tools - Line - Tangent (P,C)

Hope this helps.
Reply | Threaded
|

sunggus
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Best regard,
Reply | Threaded
|

sunggus
Hi,

I just realized that you say using a command using Tangent (P,C). Mine is not working. I have to troubleshoot it.

Really sorry.

Best regard,