Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Block Editing by new user

KD4LOK
I wish to change the length of a block.  Example: Piece of lumber 1x4x80.  I wish to make a new block 1x4x40.  Is there a simple way to do this?  Thanks.  Bob
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Block Editing by new user

dellus
I don't have much experience with blocks, but try with this:

And see here: https://librecad.readthedocs.io/en/latest/guides/blocks.html#editing-a-block

Maybe you have to save it to a file and then insert with the library browser.

Or do we need an extra option to save the edited block as a new additional block?  
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
In reply to this post by KD4LOK
Or insert the existing block somewhere on the screen, explode it, edit it, and then create new block of it.
Reply | Threaded
|

LordOfBikes
Administrator
My first reading was that you mean a block of wood you have drawn with simple line entities.
Then I would make a parallel line from on side with distance 40 and trim the two long lines there.
If the block is a rectangle you have to explode it first.

When block means a library block, then simply use the Modify -> Properties tool.
Set the X or Y scale to 0.5 and you are done.

Armin
investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
Oh, if your issue is what LordofBikes is talking about, I can also recommend the Stretch tool. Watch what commandline asks for.
Reply | Threaded
|

KD4LOK
In reply to this post by LordOfBikes
Thanks for the replies.  Yes, I did mean a library Block created as a 1 by 4, 80 inches long.  I thought I might be missing a way to change the length of the Block without Exploding it and then editing as lines.  I also tried the Modify >Properties approach but when I set X scale to .5, Y became blanked out and I was unable to leave Y at 1 so both X and Y were scaled to half size.
Reply | Threaded
|

KD4LOK
Sorry.  I mis-spoke above when I commented on trying  Modify > Properties.  I was trying Modify > Attributes and with ISO checked when I could not independently control the X and Y inputs.  I will try the Modify > Properties as suggested.  Thanks.