classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Block dimensions change in library

Spatzy
Hi everyone,

I'm new on librecad and I hope my question won't be too naive.
I would like to create my own library with the objects I will use often.
I work in cm that I specified in the parameters.
I create my block with the right dimensions (for example a 30 cm X 10 cm rectangle), I save it in my library. But when I want to reuse my rectangle for another drawing (always in cm) the dimensions have changed (3 cm X 1cm).  So I have to change the scale again (X10).
Is it possible to keep the scale of the block creation in the library ? And if yes, how?

Thank you for your answers and sorry for my English I hope you understood me =)

Spatzy
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Block dimensions change in library

perepujal
Just a guess: In the toolbox that appears when you are insering the block, do you have by chance Factor set to 0.1?
Are  both, current drawing preferences and global preferences set to the same units?
HTH
Pere
Reply | Threaded
|

Spatzy
Hi Pere,

When I insert my block the factor 1 appears in the toolbox (but the block is 10 times smaller than the original I drew).
And yes I have specified cm in the current drawing preferences and in the global preferences (for both drawings, the one where I created the block and the new one). I think I missed a parameter but I don't know which one ^^.
Thank you for you help =)
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
Confirmed, you haven't missed anything.
I have discovered that when saving the block as a file for the library, the unit is mm, despite being cm in the original drawing. So it seems LibreCAD recalculates it to the units set in the drawing into which you insert the library part. If you open such a library file directly in LC and edit the Current Drawing Preferences from mm to cm all is fine again.
Reply | Threaded
|

bobb48

Is this what happens when an old AUT****d file is imported? i.e., the units used get re-set to some default but not necessarily the ones one might expect ( if the user had changed them to be smoots{ who knows what that is? anyone? ])
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary S
bobb48 wrote
... smoots{ who knows what that is? anyone? ])
No, but it was well worth it to look it up: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smoot

Perhaps I figure out how may potrzebie that is ....