Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Can't activate the command line

dculp
I'm just starting LibreCAD. I'm trying to draw a straight line with specified coordinates. After clicking on the icon for a 2-point line the cursor is displayed in the drawing area and the cursor coordinates are shown in the lower left corner.

To activate the command line in order to enter the coordinates, I've tried pressing the space bar and also Ctrl-M. Neither of these has any effect that I can see. I can't see any other option for entering the coordinates.

My monitor is in vertical orientation if that makes any difference.

LibreCAD
Version: 2.1.3
Compiler: GNU GCC 4.9.1
Compiled on: Sep 23 2016
Qt Version: 5.4.1
Boost Version: 1.60.0
System: Windows 7 pro

Thanks,
Don C.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Can't activate the command line

dellus
Space bar and Ctrl-M should work. If not you may try with just clicking into it. You get a blinking cursor then.
I sometimes experience it too, that the command line doesn't respond. I don't know what previous actions provoke this. Usually some other actions like clicking into the drawing area or pulling up a selection window solves this.
Or do you think you have to enter the coordinates in the window titled "Command line"? Wrong! This just monitors the last commands.
Below that there is a bar titled "Command:". Here you have to to enter the coordinates, or commands like l or li for line.
Reply | Threaded
|

dculp
If I left-click in the window then the beginning point of the line is entered. The scroll button allows panning. The right button does nothing. I never get a blinking cursor.

I don't see the bar titled "Command:". Below is an image of my screen. Where should "Command:" be located? Is there a way to get to "Command:" from the bar menus or otherwise?

Reply | Threaded
|

perepujal
In reply to this post by dculp
Maybe you don't have the real command line widget visible?
It can be hidden somewhere in the screen, or it can be that it is not shown at all.
To show it mark it on the menu Widgets-> Doc Widgets ->Command Line
then search the screen to see where it is, and perhaps move it to a more apropiate place according to your screen.
Note that even if you don't have it displayed, it still gets keyboard input, so you can still type the coordinates and hit enter
HTH
Pere
Reply | Threaded
|

dculp
OK, found it via Widgets-> Doc Widgets ->Command Line. However, I think it would make sense for this widget to be visible by default. Then, if not desired it could simply be closed. This would have saved me (and perhaps others) some time and frustration.

Thanks.

Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
It is on by default. You probably have switched off Dock Areas - Right when playing with the buttons.