Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Can we subscript superscript in text?

snowforest
Hello, how can we make some characters in a text as subscript or superscript please?
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Can we subscript superscript in text?

snowforest
As there is no reply I am surprised that it cannot be done. Is this not an open source program in use since many years? I would assume one of the thousands of code wizards out there would have done it 100 times already. Is this libreCAD project kind of abandoned or what is the reason? For example there are no line transperancy or array feature or hatching (by subtracting areas from each other) is available either, which are the ones I discovered during my first drawings.... I was starting to draw my drawings with librecad, since upon my internet search I found this to be (one of) the most popular 2D open source software
Reply | Threaded
|

rolgiati
On Sat, 29 May 2021 04:05:24 -0700 (MST)
"snowforest [via LibreCAD]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> As there is no reply I am surprised that it cannot be done. Is this not an
> open source program in use since many years? I would assume one of the
> thousands of code wizards out there would have done it 100 times already. Is
> this libreCAD project kind of abandoned or what is the reason?

I am afraid you misunderstand the meaning of "open source".

It does not mean that developers must quickly bow to fulfil your every wishes, but that if you want a modification or improvement of the software you are free to roll up your sleeves and start writing code, without fear of breaching copyright.

Of course if the developers think your proposal is worthwhile they may get tore in, and add it to the prog, but they are under no moral or legal obligation to jump because you said "frog"....

Cheers,

Ron.
--
               There are 10 kinds of people in the world:      
               Those who understand binary and those who don't.

-- http://www.olgiati-in-paraguay.org --

Reply | Threaded
|

snowforest
I am afraid, your answer is totally irrelevant to what I wrote.... Nobody said our wishes must be fullfilled by others and I understand what open source means. All I said was ... (as I wrote above).... Thanks

Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
Unfortunately there are not thousands of code wizards out there engaged in developing LibreCAD. In fact there are very few. A lot of things are to be improved or added with LibreCAD, but people to do it are scarce. You have to take it as it is.
Reply | Threaded
|

snowforest
I understand, and it is still great. I was just surprised that these essential features are still not there