Can you set the active layer by selecting an entity?

Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Can you set the active layer by selecting an entity?

Libarch
Hi, I've just started using LibreCad and I am enjoying the learning curve.

Is there any command to set the active layer by clicking on or selecting an existing entity? For example, I was drawing a wall on a 'Wall' layer and now I want to draw a door. I already have a 'Door' layer and previously drew one door. Instead of changing the active layer in the Layer List, is there a command to change it to 'Door' by clicking on my existing door? This example is trivial, but if you have many layers it can be difficult to remember what you have called them all (eg perhaps you have an 'Existing door' and 'Proposed door' layer).

Thanks for any suggestions or tips.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Can you set the active layer by selecting an entity?

dxli
I am thinking about adding a context menu entry to switch to the layer of the entity under the cursor.

In the meantime, it may help to try the layer tree feature(in 2.2.1_rc and 2.2.2-alpha
Libarch wrote
Hi, I've just started using LibreCad and I am enjoying the learning curve.

Is there any command to set the active layer by clicking on or selecting an existing entity? For example, I was drawing a wall on a 'Wall' layer and now I want to draw a door. I already have a 'Door' layer and previously drew one door. Instead of changing the active layer in the Layer List, is there a command to change it to 'Door' by clicking on my existing door? This example is trivial, but if you have many layers it can be difficult to remember what you have called them all (eg perhaps you have an 'Existing door' and 'Proposed door' layer).

Thanks for any suggestions or tips.
Reply | Threaded
|

Libarch
dxli wrote
I am thinking about adding a context menu entry to switch to the layer of the entity under the cursor.
That would be excellent. And I can see that the Layer Tree will make it easier to manage and find layers
Reply | Threaded
|

dxli
I have added the context menu for the master branch, 2.2.2-alpha

Libarch wrote
That would be excellent. And I can see that the Layer Tree will make it easier to manage and find layers