Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Trouble Printing with ver 2.2.0.2

PatrickNC
I need help getting even a simple drawing to print properly.  I drew a rectangle (18 x 48) inches, with dimensions.  On Print Preview it displays properly as a rectangle with height and width dimensions.  When I print that, it was originally too almost light to see. I enlarged the line width (more than normal) and it is visible, same for dimensions.  It is also cut off a little at the top, just at the top line of the rectangle and the dimension extension line - that is at about 60% of the page.  

The Paper  is set at 8.5 x 11 inches.  My grid is 100 x 100 - although "Grid Status" shows as 10/100 (not sure  exactly what that means). I'm using v2.2.0.2  on a Windows desktop.  I've been using LibreCad for a few years on and off  with an earlier version, on a different Windows desktop - it's not my full time work.  But I can't get this to work properly.  It looks  good, it just won't print right.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Trouble Printing with ver 2.2.0.2

dellus
Faint lines in print: did you draw with default line width 0.00 mm ? This shows right in Print Preview but can fade/disappear in print or pdf view, depending on printer or pdf viewer.
Even with proper line width like 0.25 mm it can fade when in Print Preview 'Apply Print Scale to line width' is set. A new feature in 2.2.0 for special cases, normally not to be applied.

In the past you already had reported problems with parts of the drawing cut off in printing. I'm not sure of the reason but it might help to set the print scale manually instead of leaving it to LibreCAD automatically adjusting it to fit the page.