Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Cannot produce aligned dimension lines

JimOfCR
Hello. I have been successfully using dimensions in my drawing including aligned dimensions. Suddenly, I can no longer produce an aligned dimension. I must have changed some setting somewhere, but I have been unable to find it. I have a diagonal line for which I wish to add a dimension line. When I select aligned dimension, then click on first one end point of the line, then the next end point, click where I want the dimension lines to appear, they do appear, but they are now linear. I have done it over and over. I am using LibreCAD version 2.0.8 compiled on Aug 24, 2015 running on Windows 7. LibreCAD is very impressive. I really like it. Thanks for all of your diligent work.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Cannot produce aligned dimension lines

JimOfCR
I have managed to get the aligned dimension line that I needed. However, I'm confused by the interaction of the dimension lines and the Snap functions. Until now, I had not been able to see the boxes surrounding the choices of the Snap menu. They are very faint on my monitor. Once I noticed them, I de-selected everything, then re-selected Snap to Entity and Snap to Endpoints. After clicking on the two end points, I found it necessary to deselect Snap to Endpoints and re-select Free Snap. I then did the final click on the drawing where I wanted the dimension lines to appear and they did. This is not how I was successfully doing it before, so I must need to understand the Snap choices better.
Reply | Threaded
|

ravas
Reply | Threaded
|

JimOfCR
Thanks, Ravas. I had seen this part of the documentation. I guess my confusion was caused by the way these options affect the placement of the dimension lines. I expected them to work as they do for identifying the end points of the line being measured, but not for the placement of the actual dimension lines themselves. Now I know.