classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
10 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Catalan translation

BreivaX
Hi
My name is Xavier Beà and I'm teaching CAD in a secondary education institute.
I would like to finish the catalan translation (My folks Vicent Fornés and Pere Pujal haven't now enough time for it). I have already suggested all the remaining strings, but now I need the permissions to upload the translated files .
I suppose that it is correct to work with Qt linguist 4.6. Working on line, suggestions were visible, but not in Qt linguist with downloaded .ts files.

Thanks for your good job.

Xavier
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Catalan translation

dxli
Thanks a lot,  Xavier!

I have added permissions for you to submit changes at translate.librecad.org

BreivaX wrote
Hi
My name is Xavier Beà and I'm teaching CAD in a secondary education institute.
I would like to finish the catalan translation (My folks Vicent Fornés and Pere Pujal haven't now enough time for it). I have already suggested all the remaining strings, but now I need the permissions to upload the translated files .
I suppose that it is correct to work with Qt linguist 4.6. Working on line, suggestions were visible, but not in Qt linguist with downloaded .ts files.

Thanks for your good job.

Xavier
Reply | Threaded
|

BreivaX
Hi, Dongxu
I've finished the translation and I've uploaded the files. I'm glad, but not completely.
Something is wrong:
1) I cannot translate \Modify\Round (in catalan Modifica\Arrodoneix). I don't know how.
2) In Qt Linguist 4.6 a few strigs remain in gray color. Then, i.e. I can't translate the english "OK" for the catalan "D'acord". (This is a minor problem, because "OK" is not a correct word in catalan, but it's a standard one).

Now I remember that, a few years ago, I had the same problem with the translation of Qcad 2.0.5.0 CV. I translated that program for Linkat, the official linux distribution of Catalonia Education Department. All the software must be translated to catalan before to be integrated in Linkat. And now, it's time to make changes (I think).

Regards
Xavier
Reply | Threaded
|

dxli
good job, Xavier!

We are very close to 2.0.5 release, and we will make sure your changes will be included in 2.0.5.

BreivaX wrote
Hi, Dongxu
I've finished the translation and I've uploaded the files. I'm glad, but not completely.
Something is wrong:
1) I cannot translate \Modify\Round (in catalan Modifica\Arrodoneix). I don't know how.
2) In Qt Linguist 4.6 a few strigs remain in gray color. Then, i.e. I can't translate the english "OK" for the catalan "D'acord". (This is a minor problem, because "OK" is not a correct word in catalan, but it's a standard one).

Now I remember that, a few years ago, I had the same problem with the translation of Qcad 2.0.5.0 CV. I translated that program for Linkat, the official linux distribution of Catalonia Education Department. All the software must be translated to catalan before to be integrated in Linkat. And now, it's time to make changes (I think).

Regards
Xavier
Reply | Threaded
|

BreivaX
Hi.
I have upload again the files with some minor retouch of changes.
To realize the translation of the word "Round" to Catalan I have edited the file librecad_ca.ts with a text editor and I have just erased the chain: <type = "obsolete">. Perhaps it isn't elegant, but it works
That's all for now.
Xavier
Reply | Threaded
|

LordOfBikes
Administrator
Hi Xavier,

concerning the translation of "Round", this was changed to "Fillet" lately, maybe your LC version is not up to date with the latest sources. You need a executable built from latest sources to check this.
Manual changes on a *.ts file are discarded within translation update, because they are built automatically from sources.
I've made an update yet, you can see, that "Round" is obsolete again, because it is not used anymore in latest sources.

Concerning the translation of "OK", this belongs to Qt. Dialogs with an "OK", "Open" or "Save" button e.g. are build from Qt standard libraries. Qt, as I have seen, doesn't distribute a qt_ca.qm which would contain these translations.
There are lot of qt_ca.qm files found in several other software projects. But it is hard to find a version that fits to the Qt libraries which was used to build LC. Moreover LC is build on different systems using different versions of Qt, so including any qt_XX.ts file to LC sources is no option I think, independent of license issues.
The best way would be contributing to Qt's translation team and force a qt_ca.qm distributed within Qt.

Armin
investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution
Reply | Threaded
|

BreivaX
Hi.
I've installed Librecad in Ubuntu 12.04. I see that, in the new version 2.0.5, the translation to Catalan already is correct.
I see the drop-down menu has not icons. Neither the "Export as PDF" item (or it's my incorrect configuration).
Good job for the new release.
Xavier
Reply | Threaded
|

dxli
"Export as PDF" is a desirable feature for win32 and OS/X, but the implementation is not there yet.

BreivaX wrote
Hi.
I've installed Librecad in Ubuntu 12.04. I see that, in the new version 2.0.5, the translation to Catalan already is correct.
I see the drop-down menu has not icons. Neither the "Export as PDF" item (or it's my incorrect configuration).
Good job for the new release.
Xavier
Reply | Threaded
|

LordOfBikes
Administrator
In reply to this post by BreivaX
Xavier,

the "Export as PDF" action didn't have a icon, but I just added one. If you can build from source, pull the latest changes to get it.

Armin
investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution
Reply | Threaded
|

BreivaX
Perfect. Much better.
Thanks a lot, Armin
Xavier