Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Change the absolute zero point?

PhillT
I completed my drawings, but I started them at the absolute zero point, so printing it misses the l.h.s. lines and dimensions.
Is it possible to move the A.Z.P. or move the drawings away from it?
Cheers.
Cheers,
Phill
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Change the absolute zero point?

dellus
You can't move the absolute zero point, but you can move the drawing of course. Select all and then use the Modify - Move command.

But you can leave everything as is. In Print Preview you can move the paper sheet beneath the drawing to any place with the mouse. Easypeasy.
Reply | Threaded
|

PhillT
Thank you Dellus :-)

In the case where there are two drawings on a page, is it possible to move one independently from the other, i.e. to slide one part over the other, temporarily?

Parting_tool_holder.pdf
Cheers,
Phill
Reply | Threaded
|

aman
You can select and move any part you like, but it can be tedious to divide two drawings from one.

Using different select tools may help.
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
In reply to this post by PhillT
You can't do it in Print Preview, if this is your question.
In drawing mode you can  select one part with pulling up a window around it, and move it with the Move tool.
To avoid the problem aman mentioned it is helpful to transfer the moved part to an extra layer. Select with window, Tools - Modify -Attributes.
Or be sure the drawing is saved at last state before moving, then after moving make an Undo or just close the drawing and reopen it.
Reply | Threaded
|

PhillT
Thanks again, it sounds like if I want to have the ability to superimpose one drawing over another for a visual, before returning it to its place, I should make each drawing on a separate layer from the outset?
Cheers.
Cheers,
Phill