classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Colors of library objects

Unterbach
Hi,

I would like to have all drawings in one layer in the same color. I am wondering how to do it with objects from the library.

So, I have assigned a color to that layer (blue).
When I added an object from a library, it is added correctly to the active new layer. But it is drawn in the default color black.
Trying to change the color via "properties" or "attributes" also failed.

How do I change the colour* of objects/blocks taken from the library?

Thanks,

from Unterbach

*) yes, intentionally with "ou" here to increase the impact of search results. :-)
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Colors of library objects

Gary S
That may be necessary to "explode"  the blocks and change the colour attribute of the entities that made up the block to "By Layer".  Alternatively, you can try to "Edit the active block..." and change the attributes there to "By Layer".
Reply | Threaded
|

Jaycad
In reply to this post by Unterbach
I've created my library objects on the default layer 0.  When I import them into my drawing they come in on the current layer and the correct colour for that layer.  I think the libary object has to be on layer 0 for this to happen.  

When i import a library object created on a different layer from 0, it imports its own layer to the file and comes in on that layer, rather than adopting the drawing's current layer.
Reply | Threaded
|

Unterbach
Hi,

I have to pick up this topic again as I still have no solution.

@Jaycad, I cannot reproduce your suggestion.
I tried the following:
1. Switch to layer 0, import an object from the library, change the layer via "properties" of that object to my "colored" layer. => no effect. Object still white.
2. Switch to layer 0, change color of layer 0 to the same color as my colored layer, import an object from the library => no effect. Object is still white.

I can confirm that "exploding" leads to a change in color. But I want my objects to be a single object. And if I understand it correctly, there is no "grouping" function as an opposite to "explode". Correct?

Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
For objects from the library to take the properties of the layer they are imported to, they have to be drawn/ created originally on layer 0. Otherwise they will keep their original properties.

Indeed there is no "grouping" function as an opposite to "explode". But you can make a new block within the drawing out of the exploded and maybe modified object.
Reply | Threaded
|

Jaycad
In reply to this post by Unterbach
Hello Unterbach, sorry for the late reply.

As dellus says, the objects used to create the library object (block) must be on layer 0.  That is, you draw the entities that will make up the block on Layer 0 then create the block out of them.  The block will then import on the current layer and colour.
Reply | Threaded
|

LordOfBikes
Administrator
For better understanding of Blocks, Layers and Colors see also:
https://forum.librecad.org/Insert-blocks-in-layer-problem-tp5720266p5721905.html

investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution