Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Compilation

kosnick
First of all I suggest someone of the admins to add a sticky thread under librecad-dev so that anyone who wants to find/add an compilation issue , he/she can put it in a specific thread. That way all compilation issues are in the same place.
So my problem now, i forked the git librecad repo and then cloned it to my pc (ubuntu 14.10). Then i tried compiling it but qtcreator complains about a module:
Project ERROR: Unknown module(s) in QT: help
I tried looking at google I also tried at #librecad chat room  but no luck. I was suggested to add some libraries which i found out that were already installed.
Then i found out this one
http://riesvantwisk.com/cms/home/irc-logs/librecad-irc-log/2014/June/29.html
which seems to be more or less the same problem with mine. I followed it again with no luch. I am not able to compile in qtcreator.
However i found out that i am able to compile from the terminal using make (???).
Has anyone any idea  what is wrong with my qtcreator? Any suggestions?
Thank you in advance.
Nikos
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Compilation

R. van Twisk
Administrator
Nikos,

do you have Qt Help installed?
However, top od my head (dli knows) we are not using Qt Help anymore.

Ries

On Jan 12, 2015, at 9:25 PM, kosnick [via LibreCAD] <[hidden email]> wrote:

First of all I suggest someone of the admins to add a sticky thread under librecad-dev so that anyone who wants to find/add an compilation issue , he/she can put it in a specific thread. That way all compilation issues are in the same place.
So my problem now, i forked the git librecad repo and then cloned it to my pc (ubuntu 14.10). Then i tried compiling it but qtcreator complains about a module:
I tried looking at google I also tried at #librecad chat room  but no luck. I was suggested to add some libraries which i found out that were already installed.
which seems to be more or less the same problem with mine. I followed it again with no luch. I am not able to compile in qtcreator.
However i found out that i am able to compile from the terminal using make (???).
Thank you in advance.
Nikos

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.librecad.org/Compilation-tp5710941.html
To start a new topic under LibreCAD-dev, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from LibreCAD, click here.
NAML

Reply | Threaded
|

dxli
In reply to this post by kosnick
Good idea!

in ubuntu, please try to get compiling dependecy by:

$ sudo apt-get build-dep librecad

in this qt-help dependency, please try:

$ sudo apt-get install libqt5help5 libqt4-help

Please also help with wiki: http://wiki.librecad.org/index.php/LibreCAD_Installation_from_Source#Building_LibreCAD_2.0_on_Linux
kosnick wrote
Thank you in advance.
Nikos
Reply | Threaded
|

dxli
In reply to this post by R. van Twisk
Actually, we are still using qt-help in a trivial way.

From Help ->Manual, a page is shown to say we have no manual, and several URLs are given.

R. van Twisk wrote
Nikos,

do you have Qt Help installed?
However, top od my head (dli knows) we are not using Qt Help anymore.

Ries
Reply | Threaded
|

kosnick
both modules dxli is suggesting are in newest version.
also the page dxli is suggesting has nothing new for my case, i mean i had done each and every one of the steps. To make sure though i repeated the apt-gets there with no luck, everyone already installed to newest version.
To make thing clear, i am able to use make to compile. I can not compile (or run) through qtcreator.
Reply | Threaded
|

dxli
let's try to clarify:

does it build for you from cli?

$ qmake -r
    $ make

if cli builds for you, but qtcreator does not. Try to fix kit/tool chain in qtcreator.

kosnick wrote
both modules dxli is suggesting are in newest version.
also the page dxli is suggesting has nothing new for my case, i mean i had done each and every one of the steps. To make sure though i repeated the apt-gets there with no luck, everyone already installed to newest version.
To make thing clear, i am able to use make to compile. I can not compile (or run) through qtcreator.
Reply | Threaded
|

LordOfBikes
Administrator
In reply to this post by kosnick
Can you please check, if you have missed to uncheck Shadow build Option after configuring project in QtCreator.
You find this in the Project view, Build Settings -> General

Armin
investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution
Reply | Threaded
|

kosnick
I believe my issue has been solved.
As suggested, it was something with the kits. I added the second one (qt 4.8.6 system) from Projects views and then the Add kit button. Shadow checkbutton deselected and ... that's it. In the first kit i tried deselecting the shadow checkbutton but it didn't work. so now its something like this:
general:
shadow build checkbutton is NOT checked
build directory is set to where the project is (default value, i didn't change anything there)
build steps:
qmake: qmake-qt4 librecad.pro -r -spec linux-g++ CONFIG+=debug
make: make in the same as build directory
clean:
make clean in the same as build directory

thx for helping me out
Reply | Threaded
|

dxli
I think qmake (qt5) works also.

When you feel comfortable, please help adding our building wiki.

kosnick wrote
I believe my issue has been solved.
As suggested, it was something with the kits. I added the second one (qt 4.8.6 system) from Projects views and then the Add kit button. Shadow checkbutton deselected and ... that's it. In the first kit i tried deselecting the shadow checkbutton but it didn't work. so now its something like this:
general:
shadow build checkbutton is NOT checked
build directory is set to where the project is (default value, i didn't change anything there)
build steps:
qmake: qmake-qt4 librecad.pro -r -spec linux-g++ CONFIG+=debug
make: make in the same as build directory
clean:
make clean in the same as build directory

thx for helping me out