Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Convert all objects from cm to mm?

oneloosecrank
Made a silly mistake, I forgot to set the sheet dimensions and all I seem to be able to do is change all new objects to mm. How can I change all objects in the sheet to mm?
Cheers
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Convert all objects from cm to mm?

dxli
currently, there's no direct feature, but there's at least one workaround:

1, Edit->Current Drawing Preferences->Units, change units to mm (the unit intended to use);
2, Ctl-A (or Select->Select All) to select all entities;
3, Modify -> Scale, choose "delete old", "isotropic scaling", by a factor of 10

oneloosecrank wrote
Made a silly mistake, I forgot to set the sheet dimensions and all I seem to be able to do is change all new objects to mm. How can I change all objects in the sheet to mm?
Cheers
Reply | Threaded
|

oneloosecrank
Cheers for the help,
I hadn't noticed the 'current drawing preferences' and all I could alter was preferences for new sheets. Now, I followed the instructions and something definitely changed. Can you help confirm what size the objects now are? One measure I am expecting is '1158.0' which is reading correct on the dimension... but the font size is so small it takes at least two dozen taps on the zoom in button to read it! My other correctly set up sheets allow me to read the font without zooming in. So, I'm wondering if this is a symptom of an oversized drawing, or maybe just a font preference.
OLC
Reply | Threaded
|

oneloosecrank
Furthermore, if I dimension an object which comes out at '10', and try to reproduce it by creating a new object with a size of '10', it's much smaller. I'd guess 1/10th! I'm thinking the present objects are still in cm, and new objects are going down as mm.
Reply | Threaded
|

dxli
you don't have to scale entities.

In Edit->current drawing preferences->Dimensions

You can use a general factor of 10
Reply | Threaded
|

oneloosecrank
OK, the problem I'm experiencing now is the isotropic scaling is increasing by 10. Objects are currently a thousand times what they need to be as I've been trying to revert it back to scale! Now, I don't really know what I'm doing by adding '-10' or '-1000' into the isotropic fields but both are inverting the design. Using the rotate function to correct the design crashes LibreCAD... So, Can you confirm the correct procedure for reducing the scale?
Cheers
Reply | Threaded
|

oneloosecrank
cracked it, it needed to be a positive number, so isotropic multiplier of .001 returned the objects to normal size, and the dimensions font is now visible.