Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Copy Not Correctly Displaying Dimension Layer

Ed Bitzer
Very new user with confidence raising until attempted to copy a drawing from one file to another. Original drawing has two layers, a Dimensions and Drawing in addition to "0".  Drawing layer black/white, Dimension layer gray with text and arrows larger, 0.5 instead of 0.1.  Copy after selecting entire drawing, identify necessary point and open a "New From Template" selecting the same template used for the original drawing.  

Copies Dimensional lines are "bold white" equivalent to Document lines, not gray and dimensional value tiny.  Dimensional lines were confirmed to be "Dimensional" by hiding, same with Drawing lines.  Easily changed back to "gray" by selecting, Tools, Modify, Attributes and selecting Dimensions - back as expected.  

Is this normal behavior copying to a new file using the same template?

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Copy Not Correctly Displaying Dimension Layer

fa201
I tried the same and it works on release 2.2.0 alpha.

I opened both files together in the same LibreCAD session.
Some entities from drawing A are copied with insertion point and pasted into drawing B. Layer 3 is new and the line thickness is still 0.5 mm. For the others layers, the entities are pasted and the line thickness is still kept.

Drawing A
Drawing B before copy
Drawing B after copy

Let me know if it works for you.
Fabrice

French hobbyist interested in 2D design.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Copy Not Correctly Displaying Dimension Layer

Ed Bitzer
fa201 reminds me of basic documenting - software version.  I am using 2.1.3.  I too did my copying between two opens files, both using the same template, and displayed under individual tabs.  Reproduced again just now by drawing a single box using my Drawing Layer and then dimensioned using my Dimension layer with its different color and sizes.  Again copy produced accurate drawing with the dimensions in the Dimension layer (confirmed by hiding) and the box in the Drawing layer, again confirm.  Again the decisions displayed in the copy had the same format as those of the drawing.  Again I easily modified the attributes with Tools, Modify, Attributes and changing in the Attributes dialog the default Layer: name of Unchanged to Dimension