Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Crash on opening DXF file.

Kris1342
I am a new user.   I was sent some DXF files (generated in Altium).   When I open it I get a black screen & command line says:  "Loaded document: C:\Users\Kris\Desktop\CubeMID Input PCB 5A Voltage Inputs.dxf".   Print Preview shows the content but I cannot find a way of exiting the view.
If I click on the black screen after opening the file, the programme crashes.
If I import as an image I see a small white square.
If I import as a block & zoom in, I get the following:

What I need to do is to modify the schematic.
HELP
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Crash on opening DXF file.

dellus
The file and dxf version from Altium may not be supported completely by LibreCAD, it supports up to dxf 2007. You may ask to get an according file.
You also may try to use development version 2.2.0 rc, the issue with those lines spreading from the origin has been fixed there.
Or you can just delete them manually.
If there are no secrets about it you could provide a sample file here for inspection.

Reply | Threaded
|

RE: Crash on opening DXF file.

Kris1342

Hi,
            Thanks for your advice.   I have now been sent the file in DFX2007 so will experiment with that

Regards & Thanks
      Kris

Sent: Monday, November 23, 2020 1:10 AM
To: Kris Szajdzicki <[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: Crash on opening DXF file.

CAUTION - This email originated outside the organisation. Do not click any links or attachments unless you know the sender.

The file and dxf version from Altium may not be supported completely by LibreCAD, it supports up to dxf 2007. You may ask to get an according file.
You also may try to use development version 2.2.0 rc, the issue with those lines spreading from the origin has been fixed there.
Or you can just delete them manually.
If there are no secrets about it you could provide a sample file here for inspection.

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:

https://forum.librecad.org/Crash-on-opening-DXF-file-tp5719750p5719752.html

To unsubscribe from Crash on opening DXF file., click here.
NAML