classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Cut a part between 2 elements

sun.go
Hallo,

I was using MegaCad before i found librecad.

I miss a good tool, who increase the workflow a lot.

In Megacad it was possible to cut a line or an element not only on one position, also between 2 next elements.

If there are 2 lines, who cross my element i want to trimm or cut, so i only make one click and the element is cut between the lines. In librecad i have to cut both sides in 2 steps (select/cut and deselect) and then cut in 2 steps. This are 6 steps for the same i was unsing one click in Megacad.

I design Stalions and fences made from steel. There are a lot of metal, who crosses each other .... a lot to cut und trimm ...

Can You please include this function, or is there such a function?

Andres
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Cut a part between 2 elements

claus82
Hello, if you use the version 2 of Librecad, here you have the solution, for previous versions it should be something similar:

let's suppose you have the picturedown here

first you need to select modify>divide

below the drawing area, the command line asks the entity to divide (I cutted and pasted to show)

click on the circle, now notice that the circle has changed color and the command line asks a poit to divide

click point A  using snap bar
now click again modify>divide, click on the circle and click on point B

and of course the final result (I clicked on the cutted part to show to you)

That's all friend.
Bye!
Claudio
...the problem is not the problem, the problem is your aptitude about the problem...
Reply | Threaded
|

sun.go
Hallo,

Thanks for this absolut fast answer .....

but in the 2 screens you can see how simple this work can be done with 20 clicks at all!!!!!! (20 lines auto-cuted with 20 clicks)

Yes, i have latest v 2 of librecad in ubuntu 13.10, i hve the repository included for automatic updates.

In screen 3 my work from this eavening ....

Its much more work for same result ...

But i dont wont back to this old MegaCad, and a new one is to much money, so i want to support Librecad in future ...

Thanks

Have a nice Day

Andres

a lot of cuts
Reply | Threaded
|

claus82
Hey friend!
I hope I have been useful anyway!
In your situation I would rather draw a circle, cut it, then copy the cutted circle to other lines!
Isn't this a faster solution?
Bye, have a nice day, here it is 9.45 pm
Cla
...the problem is not the problem, the problem is your aptitude about the problem...
Reply | Threaded
|

stealth
WOW! This is painful! In AutoCAD I could have used TRIM picked the two lines pressed enter and then pick the section of the circle between them and it would have been cut away and removed.

That needs to be added. The current method in Librecad takes too many steps to accomplish the same thing.
Reply | Threaded
|

sun.go
exactly!

if there are 100 parts to trim/cut it will be a a difference between 102 and 300/400 clicks ...

Andres

But i am happy to find such a good CAD Program for FREE - so i dont make stress .. only a whish!!!
Reply | Threaded
|

stealth
In reply to this post by sun.go
I found an easier way to do this. Use the TRIM command twice. Unfortunately this only works under certain conditions.

If you have a circle with a vertical and horizontal line cutting through the circles center you can cut a quarter out by using TRIM on one line and again on the other line. The first time will cut half the circle away and the second time will add a quarter of the circle back.

I really hope this can get fixed. The TRIM and TRIM TO commands do not work in a logical manner.