classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Dev in Post-Drawing: frame, infobox

words
Hi,

your program is absolutely great and has so many useful capabilities... thanks a lot for your work!

While the drawing itself is utterly equal to some 50-100€/$ programs, one big thing I'm really missing: when you print or exchange the drawing you have a white paper with your CAD with no infobox or frame.

In every serious CAD-program it is possible to draw/print a frame (mostly with A, B, C..., on the x-axis and 1,2,3... on the y-axis) and a little infobox where you can write the date, the company name, the drawers name etc. Of course you could draw it manually... but with a dozen drawings it is really tedious.

This is the one and only real issue, why I can't use LibreCAD as a full alternative to non-free CAD-programms at work.

Maybe it is possible to add these features in a coming version.

Greetings
words
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Dev in Post-Drawing: frame, infobox

Rallaz
 draw a frame and a infobox and save it (p.e. a4-format.dxf).

Make your drawing then "Insert->block" and select  a4-format.dxf to re-use
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Dev in Post-Drawing: frame, infobox

words
Hi Rallaz,

Thanks for your answer! Unfortunately that's no solution:
it only works as long as my CAD-drawing have the same sizes, but they don't (i.e. screw: 10mm, large machine 5m)

It would be nice to get this feature in a post-drawing step - so that the frame and the infobox aren't related to the size of the drawing... as I said: like it is common in 99% of the proprietary software (no offence against LibreCAD of course!)

regards
words