classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Dimension Lines Disappear

claytoncarney
I open a drawing:

I click Options>Current Drawing Preferences (even if I don't make any changes) and click OK, the dimension lines disappear:

The only way I've found to get them back is to close and re-open the drawing. Extremely annoying. Why is this happening?

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Dimension Lines Disappear

dxli
Could you share a dxf to show this issue?

Also, which version of LC?
claytoncarney wrote
I open a drawing:

I click Options>Current Drawing Preferences (even if I don't make any changes) and click OK, the dimension lines disappear:

The only way I've found to get them back is to close and re-open the drawing. Extremely annoying. Why is this happening?
Reply | Threaded
|

claytoncarney
Version: 2.2.0.2
Compiler: GNU GCC 13.1.0
Compiled on: Jul 29 2023
Qt Version: 5.12.11
Boost Version: 1.75.0
System: Windows 10 (10.0)

1811_solano_inch.dxf
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
I have found out that the lost dimension lines are to be found on layer 'addition', but don't have an explanation yet how this happens.
I remember having experienced  the phenomenon of an dimension's elements getting dispersed on other layers by certain operations, but don't remember details.
Reply | Threaded
|

claytoncarney
This post was updated on .
I can confirm this finding. Experimentation suggests that this anomaly only occurs if a hidden layer is active when Current Drawing Preferences is opened.

Another issue observed: If the current drawing has been modified and File>Recent Files re-opens the current file, changes are discarded without prompting to save.

FYI. Same issue observed in Linux (Fedora 40).